Τετάρτη 4 Δεκεμβρίου 2013

Jack Monroe's budget Christmas

A fish starter followed by baked ham and a tasty casserole, with fruit tarts for pudding. This Finnish-inspired menu is easy to prepare, costs under £2.50 per person and is delicious
The past few Christmases have been a struggle in which I focused on making ends meet rather than splurging on a big feast. But the upside is that I've realised I don't want the traditional things I used to think were essential – a turkey that won't fit in the oven, pigs in blankets ... the list goes on. I'm more interested in making new traditions with lovely, simple food. For this year's menu, I've taken inspiration from Finland, where they always have an eye-catching ham on the Christmas table, and maksalaatikko – a sultana and liver casserole. (Don't go! As the Finns know, this isn't just nutritious and cheap, it's also meltingly delicious – try it.)

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου