Παρασκευή 7 Μαρτίου 2014

Skordalia – a fantastic alternative to hummus
Creamy smooth and garlicky, this is another great Greek staple that kids will have an insatiable appetite for
If ever there was a dip to give hummus a run for it money, skordalia is it. A Greek-style dish of mashed and whipped potato spiked with garlic and lemon, and made voluminous with olive oil. My children have a seemingly insatiable appetite for the "creamy smooth garlicky-ness" of hummus, and were keen to road test an alternative. My decision was made easy when I discovered my local greengrocer brimming with cyprus potatoes. Bright with the distinctive red soil still clinging to their skins, these are a fantastic variety of spuds and I look forward to them coming into season. They're earthy in flavour, pale and fluffy when cooked – they make terrific mashed potato.
With creamy smooth and garlicky top of my gastronomic checklist, my skordalia ticked all the boxes. Served at room temperature, this pale whippy dip was demolished by all three daughters. A respite from hummus, but for how long?

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου